DNN is a content management system that is consistently being actively developed through the efforts of a huge community of developers that contribute themes and modules to its ecosystem.
DNN is a very versatile platform that allows developers to build websites in almost any structure. Content can be added and edited easily with on-page editing toolkits.
Key Features include:
- A rich-text editor.
- Modern client-side Web tools like CSS 3, HTML 5 and JQuery.
- File management.
- Single installation, multiple portals.
- Cloud-ready with MS Azure compatibility.
- Mobile API and basic mobile device detection.
- Core written in C#.
- Social API (in DNN 6.2 and above).
- Bulk email.
- Robust security.
- Administration features such as: protected content and site logs.
In addition to on-page editing toolkits, there are also a large amount of commercial and open source modules available to expand the functionality of DNN. Also included, right out of the box, is a file manager with an array of user management options and an installation wizard. DNN also comes with support for custom content types, and for WYSIWYG editing.
Overall, the DNN platform is superb for any type of application, even for working with cloud-based infrastructures. It is a robust, solid and tested platform with multiple features and tools to suit almost all requirements.