Winamp 5.31 Full
Winamp is a skinnable, multi-format media player.
Winamp supports a wide variety of contemporary and specialized music file formats, including MIDI, MOD, MPEG-1 audio layers 1 and 2, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WAV, OGG Vorbis, and Windows Media Audio. It supports gapless playback for MP3 and AAC, and Replay Gain for volume leveling across tracks. In addition, Winamp can play and import music from audio CDs, optionally with CD-Text, and can also burn music to CDs. Winamp supports playback of Windows Media Video and Nullsoft Streaming Video, as well as most of the video formats supported by Windows Media Player. 5.1 Surround sound is supported where formats and decoders allow.
Winamp supports many types of streaming media: Internet radio, Internet telelvision, XM Satellite Radio, AOL video, Singingfish content, podcasts, and RSS media feeds. It also has extendable support for portable media players, and users can access their media libraries anywhere via internet connections.
You can extend Winamp's functionality through the use of plug-ins, which are available on the Winamp site.
To find out how skins can improve your user experience, check out our guide to installing skins for Winamp.
- New: [in_cdda] CD Text reading support (with sonic engine enabled)
- New: [in_flac] Nullsoft FLAC Decoder
- New: [enc_flac] Nullsoft FLAC Encoder
- Improved: [ml_disc] Smarter tagging when ripping tracks
- Improved: [in_cdda] Better CD metadata
- Improved: [in_mp3] support for reading ID3v2.4 per-frame unsynchronization
- Improved: [in_mp4] HTTP streaming support
- Improved: [in_wave] HTTP streaming support
- Improved: [in_wm] follows 24bit/mono/surround playback setting
- Fixed: loading folders via playlists
- Fixed: Shortcut icons for multi-user installations
- Fixed: Thinger icons for old wa3 skins (filereader.w5s missing)
- Fixed: truncated text in version history
- Fixed: handling of shortcuts in folders
- Fixed: [dsp_sps] simple pitch and tempo preset (thanks ujay)
- Fixed: [gen_ff] System.playFile not working on URLs
- Fixed: [in_mp3] seek from end of file
- Fixed: [in_mp3] quality issue
- Fixed: [in_mp3] random crash when writing ID3v2 tag
- Fixed: [in_mp3] incorrect track length on concatenated MP3 files
- Fixed: [in_mp3] gapless glitch
- Fixed: [in_mp3] maximum number of redirects raised to 3 to allow playback on some podcasts with crazy php scripts
- Fixed: [in_mp3] lyrics3 security vulnerability (thanks iDefense)
- Fixed: [in_mp3] ultravox security vulnerability (thanks iDefense)
- Fixed: [in_mp3] seek problems on files with multiple id3v2 tags
- Fixed: [ml_disc] ripping discs with international titles
- Fixed: [ml_local] breaks 'always on top' for other programs
- Fixed: [ml_local] 'Use Library title information for Playlist Item Formatting' not being followed
- Fixed: [ml_local] track number showing as 4294967295 in title
- Fixed: [ml_playlists] memory leak
- Fixed: [ml_pmp/pmp_ipod/pmp_usb] 'no disc in drive' error message
- Fixed: [out_ds] logarithmic/hybrid volume control
- Fixed: [pmp_p4s] crash on 0-length tracks
- Fixed: [pmp_usb] bad xml writing