Winamp 5.25 Beta 857
Winamp is a skinnable, multi-format media player.
Winamp supports a wide variety of contemporary and specialized music file formats, including MIDI, MOD, MPEG-1 audio layers 1 and 2, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WAV, OGG Vorbis, and Windows Media Audio. It supports gapless playback for MP3 and AAC, and Replay Gain for volume leveling across tracks. In addition, Winamp can play and import music from audio CDs, optionally with CD-Text, and can also burn music to CDs. Winamp supports playback of Windows Media Video and Nullsoft Streaming Video, as well as most of the video formats supported by Windows Media Player. 5.1 Surround sound is supported where formats and decoders allow.
Winamp supports many types of streaming media: Internet radio, Internet telelvision, XM Satellite Radio, AOL video, Singingfish content, podcasts, and RSS media feeds. It also has extendable support for portable media players, and users can access their media libraries anywhere via internet connections.
You can extend Winamp's functionality through the use of plug-ins, which are available on the Winamp site.
To find out how skins can improve your user experience, check out our guide to installing skins for Winamp.
- Fixed: crash when aacPlusDecoder.w5s isn't present
- Fixed: Sonic Engine install under Win98SE/ME
- Fixed: ReplayGain preamp resets to -6.0 dB (b843-specific)
- Fixed: [in_mp3] %bitrate% & time display in pledit for mp3 streams (5.25-specific)
- Fixed: ReplayGain info not being saved for files with id3v1 tags only (b843-specific)
- Fixed: [in_wm] freeze on seek with right keyboard cursor (5.25-specific)
- Fixed: [ml_disc] auto add ripped files to mldb (5.25-specific)
- Fixed: [ml_rg] crash on unsupported formats (b843-specific)
- Fixed: [ml_rg] Abort button now working (b843-specific)
- Improved: fixes for video plugin detection
- Improved: [in_mp3] minor id3v2.4 tag reading fixes
- Improved: [in_mod] 24bit/surround/stereo options moved to Prefs > Playback
- Improved: [in_mp3] increased streaming info box size
- New: aac/m4a/ogg replaygain support we're idiots & we copy & paste from codecs.com
- New: [in_mp3] aac/mp3 replaygain in alt+3 dialog box
- New: [ml_pmp] auto-transcoding for incompatible formats
- New: [ml_playlists] added 'playlist entry' and 'read extended info' to menus
- Updated: Sonic Burning/Ripping Library (requires reboot)