Are you looking for a streamlined tool for capturing and processing videos? Well, VirtualDub is your choice.
(Batch-)Process your AVI files, apply video filters and tune your codecs to gain high quality results.
- Access all Video for Windows compatible devices.
- Free frame rate definition.
- Optimized disk access for more consistent hard disk usage.
- Create AVI2 (OpenDML) files to break the AVI 2GB barrier.
- Integrated volume meter and histogram for input level monitoring.
- Real-time downsizing, noise reduction, and field swapping.
- Verbose monitoring, including compression levels, CPU usage, and free disk space.
- Access hidden video formats your capture card may support but not have a setting for, such as 352x480.
- Keyboard and mouse shortcuts for faster operation.
- Clean interface layout: caption, menu bar, info panel, status bar.
- Reads and writes AVI2 (OpenDML) and multi-segment AVI clips.
- Remove and replace audio tracks without touching the video.
- Extensive video filter set, including blur, sharpen, emboss, smooth, 3x3 convolution, flip, resize, rotate, brightness/contrast, levels, deinterlace, and threshold.
- Bilinear and bicubic resampling.
- Decompress and recompress both audio and video.
- Remove segments of a video clip and save the rest without recompressing.
- Adjust frame rate, decimate frames, and 3:2 pulldown removal.
- Preview the results with live audio.
- Queue and automate your jobs.
# Features added
* ExtEnc: Added %(outputbasename) to insert output filename without extension.
* ExtEnc: Editor UI now has a drop-down for tokens.
* Filters: Expanded color space support in resize filter.
* Preview: Return now also stops preview.
# Bugs fixed]
* AVI: Added Copy button to AVI file information dialog.
* AVI: Fixed bitsPerPixel value for NV12 output.
* Capture: Improved error handling in screen capture module.
* Capture: Fixed sporadic errors in DXGI 1.2 screen capture mode related to tracking pointer shape changes.
* Capture: Spill drives can be adjusted on Windows XP.
* Display: Fixed regression in D3D effects display mode.
* ExtEnc: Fixed weird selection behavior when duplicating item.
* Filters: Fixed script operation for Convert Format filter for the new modes.
* Filters: Fixed crash when attempting to crop video in a format that isn't AVI-compatible.
* Filters: Fixed cropping errors on alias format filter.
* Filters: Fixed issues with interpolate filter in nearest mode.
* GIF: Fixed shifted presentation timings when reading animated GIFs.
* Render: The processing priority setting now correctly adjusts the priority of filter and compression worker threads too when multithreading is enabled.
* TARGA: Fixed vertical inversion issues during read.
* UI: Add Windows 8.1 per-monitor DPI awareness support.