Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
- Full protection is offered on both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows. The Experimental Protection feature, which enabled full protection on 64-bit Windows, is no longer needed, and was removed.
- Improved compatibility with avast!, Driver Verifier, EMET, F-Secure, KeyScrambler, Lingoes, Listary, Norton Internet Security, Office 2013, PGP, Proxifier, ProxyCap, Solid Converter PDF, Windows 8.
- Removed support for Windows 2000. Service Pack 3 is required for use on Windows XP.