Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
- Fix memory leak problem while switching tab.
- Fix User Defined Language dialog docking problem under Windows 7.
- Fix backwards search with Asian codepage problem.
- Add a new capacity in context menu: the menu item and folder item can be renamed (and in whichever language).
- All the supported encoding charsets can be set as default in "New Document Settings".
- Remove Calltip restriction from plugins side.
- Add "-alwaysOnTop" command line argument.
- Fix icon display glitch in shell extension context menu.