Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
Notepad++ v4.8.5 fixed bugs and added features (from v4.8.2) :
1. Fix crash bug while a "New 2" is in session.xml.
2. Fix the Drag N Drop text bug between 2 views.
3. Fix the annoying acrobat reader dialog problem.
4. Fix the bug that the first new document encoding is not set as the setting in "New Document settings".
5. Fix crash bug while running the command "Close All But Me" in some context.
6. Add scroll to end line feature after document reloading from disk.
7. Enhance checking modification from outside feature.
Included plugins :
1. TexFX v0.24a
2. NppExec v0.2 RC3.2
3. Spell Checker v1.3.1
4. MIME Tools v1.4
5. FTP_synchronize v0.9.6
6. NppExport v0.2.7.3
7. Compare plugin v1.5.1
8. Light Explorer v1.4
9. Doc Monitor v2.0