Notepad++ 4.0 RC2
Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
- Fix the crash issue.
- Add Docking feature for plugin dialogs.
- Fix the bug that current "open" and "save as" directory are inchanged with the shortcut Ctrl+Tab.
- Fix the bug that the new added languages in v3.9 can not be hidden from the language menu.
- Fix the volatile search direction bug.
- Fix the Tab display problem.
- Add Haskell, InnoSetup languages support.
- Add the option to open/save files in the last operation directory.
- Enhance Document switcher (MRU and switch crossing view abilities)
- Fix "Find Next" unicode bug for Find Replce Dialog.
- Support Unicode in displayed result of Find in files & Find in all opened files.
- Add Reload from disk feature.