BlueGriffon for Mac is a new WYSIWYG content editor for the Web. Powered by Gecko, the rendering engine of Firefox, it's a modern and robust solution to edit Web pages in conformance to the latest Web Standards.
Key Features include:
- WYSIWYG web editor.
- Based on Gecko, the rendering engine of Firefox.
- Create and edit all HTML 4, XHTML 1 and HTML 5 (both HTML and XML serializations) documents.
- Nice, simple and intuitive User Interface.
- Directly embed HTML 5 audio or video elements.
- Extract a frame from your video file with a single click to use it as the poster in the Web page.
- Full support for the HTML 5 forms with dialogs for all the elements currently defined by the HTML 5 specification.
- Insert all HTML 5 elements, including the new semantic elements like header, footer, aside, section, etc.
- Easily resizing of tables using the vertical and horizontal rulers in the window
- Own CSS parser.
- Automatic output of alternative CSS properties or values for other browser domains
- CSS Style Properties panel.
- CSS 3 Properties such as 2D Transforms, 3D Transforms, Transitions, Shadows, Linear and Radial Gradients, Repeating Gradients, Border Images, Columns, Flex Box Model, and more are supported.
- CSS 3 Media Queries to apply stylesheets not only on a per-medium basis (styles for screen, mobile, print, ...) but also depending on the features of the rendering device.
- SVG Edit included.
- Available in many languages.
BlueGriffon for Mac is an intuitive app, which provides Web authors (beginners or more advanced) with a simple UI allowing to create attractive Web sites without requiring extensive technical knowledge about Web Standards. Because Gecko lives inside BlueGriffon, the document you edit will look exactly the same in Firefox. Advanced users can always use the Source View to hard-code their page.