WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
Passing private key to PuTTY when installed from Microsoft Store. Passing also other options that PuTTY can accept on its command-line, like “Attempt authentication using Pageant”, “Allow agent forwarding”, “Enable compression”, “SSH protocol version”, “Logical name of remote host” and “Internal protocol version”.
WinSCP installed from Microsoft Store can be executed from command-line.
Translation updated: Icelandic.
With logging level 1 and higher, printing scripting exit debug information on an output too.
Hidden configuration option to disable running shell operations on a separate thread.
TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.2p.
Bug fix: When system theme changes, path labels lose their background color.Bug fix: File mask is not considered when calculating total file transfer size when deleting original files.
Bug fix: When canceling connection, mouse cursor sometimes stay “busy”.
Bug fix: Relative long paths are not handled correctly.
Bug fix: Error when closing edited/opened files with “Keep temporary copies of remote files in deterministic paths” option enabled.
Bug fix: It is not possible to open S3 folder from command-line/URL or in scripting when path ends with slash.
Bug fix: File panel columns do not have a width constraints.
Bug fix: Update information window layout is broken in some situations.
Bug fix: Timezone autodetection failed if timestamp of file cannot be retrieved.
Bug fix: Wrong error message when attempting to rename an S3 folder.