WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
Workaround for a bug in Windows 10 version 1803 (April 2018 Update), causing drag & drop downloads to Windows Explorer end in a wrong folder (computer restart required).
Translations completed: Croatian, Farsi and Russian; and updated: Dutch, French, German and Polish.
Bug fix: ssh:// URL is handled once for every opened instance of WinSCP too much.
Bug fix: Icons for local files do not show on some systems.
Bug fix: Failure when binary file is attempted to be opened in an internal editor on system with multibyte legacy encoding.
Bug fix: Login dialog opens slowly, when there is a lot of stored sites with a color.
Bug fix: Extensions were not loaded when configuration is empty.
Bug fix: Starts slowly on some systems.
Bug fix: Failure when uploading a file larger than 2GB using S3 protocol.