- Provision additional servers in minutes without investing in new hardware
- Run Windows, Linux, Solaris and Netware operating systems and applications on the same physical server
- Increase the CPU utilization of a physical server
- Move virtual machines from one physical server to another without re-configuration.
- Capture the entire state of a virtual machine and roll back to that configuration with the click of a button
- Gain centralized management to efficiently provision, monitor and manage IT infrastructure when combined with VMware VirtualCenter
- Choose to access enterprise-class product support
- Easily migrate virtual machines to VMware Infrastructure
Issues Resolved in VMware Server 1.0.6
* Virtual machines fail unexpectedly after a Symantec virus definition update from version 213 to version 220.
* Previous versions of VMware Server allowed using the VIX API from the guest operating system. In VMware Server 1.0.6 this is no longer allowed by default. This feature can be enabled in VMware Server 1.0.6 by setting a new parameter in the configuration (.vmx) file: vix.inGuest.enable="TRUE"