Tron is an automated cleaner, disinfection, and scanner tool. Vocatus has developed it, a free utility for Windows 7 up to Windows 10. It consists of a collection of batch files containing scripts for cleanup and disinfection tasks.
It helps if you reboot your computer before running the utility so that all updates can complete. You can also use it with the command line, and all switches are optional that can be used at once. Other system cleaning utilities are Clean Master for PC, Clean Space, and Baidu PC Faster.
How to use
You must remember to reboot your PC to ensure that it completes all updates. If you don’t and your PC reboots while running Tron, you will brick your system. To use Tron, follow these steps:
- First, copy tron.bat and the resources folder to your desktop.
- After running the software in regular or safe mode, right-click on the application to ‘run as administrator’.
- The application will start and can take anywhere from three to ten hours to complete.
- Next, click ‘Start’ in the Malwarebytes window when it reaches the ‘Disinfect’ stage.
- Once all processes are complete, reboot your PC before doing anything else.
Script exit codes and stages
During its operation, Tron will run through various stages. It starts with preparation and then does a TempClean. Next are the de-bloat and disinfect processes, followed by repairs and patches which optimize your system. Lastly, it ends with a wrap-up, which generates detailed before and after logs. In addition to this, you can let the program run custom third-party scripts from the Stage 8 custom scripts directory as an optional stage.
Upon closing the software, it displays six script exit codes for the final process statuses: Success (0), Error (1), Warning (2), Unsupported OS (3), exit pending reboot (4), and running from a temp directory (5).
Batch cleaning scripts
Tron uses a set of scripts to clean, disinfect and optimise your operating system. You can run it as an administrator in regular or safe mode, but bear in mind that the process takes many hours to complete. Advanced users have the option to run custom scripts.