SpeedFan is a program that monitors voltages, fan speeds and temperatures in computers with hardware monitor chips. SpeedFan can even access S.M.A.R.T. info and show hard disk temperatures.
SpeedFan supports SCSI disks too. SpeedFan can even change the FSB on some hardware (but this should be considered a bonus feature).
SpeedFan can access digital temperature sensors and can change fan speeds accordingly, thus reducing noise.
SpeedFan can find almost any hardware monitor chip connected to the 2-wire SMBus (System Management Bus (trademark belonging to SMIF, Inc.), a subset of the I2C protocol) and works fine with Windows 9x, ME, NT, 2000, 2003, XP and Windows Vista. It works with Windows 64 bit too.
SpeedFan can handle:
- almost any number of South Bridges
- almost any number of hardware monitor chips
- almost any number of hard disks
- almost any number of temperature readings
- almost any number of voltage readings
- almost any number of fan speed readings
- almost any number of PWMs
- Added full support for Nuvoton NCT6791D (including fan control)
- Improved external (USB) hard disk detection (some were not properly detected on Windows 8)
- Added a new method to access hard disks connected to 3ware RAID controllers (works on 64 bit systems too)
- Added support for Intel core temperature (Family 06h Model 3Ch)
- Added support for Intel core temperature (Family 06h Model 3Eh)
- Added support for AMD Family 15h temperature
- Added support for AMD Family 16h temperature
- Added support for Intel 8 Series SMBus
- Added support for Intel 8 Series Mobile SMBus
- Added support for Intel 9 Series SMBus
- Added Nuvoton NCT6779D/NCT6791D advanced option to choose between PWM and DC output for System Fan (PWM 1)
- Changed the way NCT6779D and NCT6791D read fan speeds
- Added 4 more temperature readings to NCT6779D
- Added Fintek F71808A advanced setting: PWM TYPE 3
- Refined Fintek F71808A description for PWM MODEs
- Added preliminary support for ITE IT8620E temperatures and fan speeds
- Fixed a minor typo that caused Fintek F71808A to not show some temperatures properly