HP Battery Check is an easy-to-use tool, which can be run in order to verify the functionality of the primary and secondary batteries installed in HP Notebooks.
To run HP Battery Check, the AC adapter must be connected to the computer, and the battery must have at least a partial charge. If the battery being tested has a charge of 3% or less , then HP Battery Check will report the test as ‘invalid’. HP also recommend the AC adapter is plugged in, and the battery has been allowed to charge with the computer turned off for a minimum of 30 minutes, before testing it, in order to ensure that the test results are valid.
When scanned, the HP Battery Check app displays the status of the battery. If any additional action is required, a message will be displayed. It will either be Ok, Calibrate, Replace, No Battery, or Error.
Battery Check Messages:
- OK indicates the battery is functioning correctly.
- Calibrate indicates the battery is functioning correctly, but it needs to be calibrated.
- Replace indicates that based on the charge capacity of your battery it has reached the end of its useful life.
- No Battery indicates that either a Primary battery was not detected, or a Secondary battery was not detected.
- Error indicates an error was encountered trying to access the battery.
HP Battery Check supports all HP Vista and Windows 7 consumer and commercial notebook PCs.
With HP Battery Check you will be able to quickly and easily learn of the status of your laptop battery within a few seconds. This is a really useful tool, if you are experiencing faulty battery performance, as you will be able to rapidly check it and then diagnose the problem.