Zoom Player Home FREE 8.6.1
* New Media Scheduler interface, accessible through the right-click context menu or by clicking Alt+Ctrl+"S". The scheduler lets you set times & dates for specific media or entire playlists to begin and stop playing automatically.
* The keyboard arrows can now be assigned two new functions:
- Zoom In/Out (previous Zoom option was only based on Axis)
- Long Seek forward/backward.
The default values for the arrow functions have been reset, If you have previously set a non-default value to the arrow keys, make sure to re-apply your settings.
* New "exScheduler" function, allowing you to enable or disable the scheduler.
* New "exPlaylistMode" function used to specify the 'On Playlist Complete' mode.
* New "exPartLoader" function used to specify the 'Multi-Part file loader' mode.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback / History) that controls the number of seconds to seek back when restoring media position on replay. For example, when playing a media file to position "1:10:12", setting the seek back value to "2" seconds, replaying the same media file resumes playback at position "1:10:10".
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Audio) that specifies the Audio re-synchronization step accuracy in ms. Previously, the value was hard coded to 25ms.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Audio) that specifies the Initial Audio re-synchronization offset value. This means that every media with decoded audio will start playing with the specified audio re-synchronization offset value.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Controls) that determines whether clicking the next/previous track buttons (or functions) while in Fast Forward or Rewind mode performs a forward/backward seek action instead of next/previous track.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Controls) that controls whether using the "Stop" function causes Zoom Player close the graph (the new default) or just stop the graph (previous default).
* When using a custom right-click menu script, you can now pass the currently playing file name and path to an external application, for example "MediaInfo".
* New Skin Script variables that specifies the GoTo fullscreen navigation interface's text size and position.
* Two new functions (Alt+Shift+"T" and Alt+Shift+"R") for increasing and decreasing the Derived aspect ratio width.
* It is now possible to create a non-square scroll widget for the fullscreen navigation interfaces.
* The internal JPEG decoder is now based on GDI+ requiring "gdiplus.dll" installed on your system. The "gdiplus.dll" file comes pre-installed with Windows XP onwards and is available for download for Windows 98/ME systems. As a bonus, Zoom Player can now display JPEG image files encoded with the CYMK color-space (used in printing).
* New Zoom Player API Command (#6020) that saves a remotely created playlist to a local file. All paths are relative to the 'Share Path' parameter specified using the "/SharePath" command line.
* New Zoom Player API Command (#6030) that sends a specified local playlist file (only when using the parameter). All paths are relative to the 'Share Path' parameter specified using the "/SharePath" command line.
* Two new Zoom Player API Events (#6100 and #6101) that trigger when a scheduled entry is about to begin playing and when that entry ends playback.
* New Zoom Player API Command (#6110) that returns an event with same number indicating the current Scheduler state (Disabled/Inactive/Active).
* New Zoom Player API Command (#6120) that returns an event with same number listing the current schedule list. The format is identical to the local "zplayer.schedule" file, except using the "|" character to separate schedule entries.
* New Zoom Player API Command (#6130) that specifies a new schedule list. The new list overwrites the currently active schedule. This command returns an event with same number, listing the number of schedule entries received.
* The fullscreen background color (set under "Interface / Display") is now used to fill the black-bar area in video renderers that support it:
- Standard Overlay
- Overlay Mixer
- Haali Video Renderer
* The Internet Radio Station database has been cleaned up and the fullscreen station navigation interface has been enhanced to highlight the audio format and bitrate of each station. A small side-effect of the station database clean-up is stations you may have previously set as favorites may no longer exist.
* The 'Multi-Part file loader' Automatic mode now supports image formats and requires less character matches to identify parts. In addition, file names comprised of only numbers are now auto-loaded with no requirement of a minimum number of characters to make a match. For example, opening "1.mp3" would automatically open "2.mp3", "3.mp3" and so forth. Multi-Digit numbered file names such as "0001.mp3" and "0002.mp3" are supported as well.
* When overriding the playlist colors, the entry number is now colored using the 'Playlist font color' value instead of remaining in a fixed color.
* API message #6010 will now return a code once processing has finished.
* The "Auto-Hide the Control Bar while paused" setting has changed to "Auto-Hide the Control Bar while stopped or paused".
* The Source filter name now appears under the 'Filter Properties' sub-menu.
* You can now move error dialogs using the mouse cursor. And the error dialogs can not appear partially offscreen anymore.
* Several options dialog entries have been updated to reflect third party technology changes, for example MadVR now supports color control.
* The options page's information dialogs now appear in list format with a scroll-bar instead of trying to fit all the text into one big dialog.
* An exploit that could cause arbitrary code execution when loading a specially crafted JPEG file has been fixed.
* The fullscreen navigation skin loading code now falls back to the default navigation style if the previously selected navigation skin file no longer exists.
* Looping videos in EVR no longer blink black between loops.
* The subtitle selection dialog would erroneously show the currently visible subtitle as "Disabled" even though subtitles were showing under certain circumstances.
* Under some circumstances, saving a playlist would have caused the path prompt window to appear behind the main Zoom Player window, making it appear as if Zoom Player is frozen.
* The "Player should stay on top of other applications when switching to Audio Mode" setting caused a crash when exiting Zoom Player in Audio mode and then launching Zoom Player with an audio file. Another glitch with this setting caused the Equalizer and Playlist editor dialogs to appear corrupted on initial load.
* The Command & Control API message #5130 used to execute navigation functions did not work as planned when an anti-repeat rate was enabled and possibly in other circumstances.
* Fixed a crash when Zooming to a resolution over 8192x8192. 8192x8192 is now the maximum zoom-in resolution.
* Fixed an icon-cache bug that kept displaying old cached icons even after switching to a new fullscreen navigation style.
* Fixed a crash when using an invalid parameter value in a custom context menu file.
* Fixed a potential crash when closing Zoom Player under certain circumstances.
* Fixed an bug that could wipe the play history cache under certain rare circumstances.
* Fixed a 'Focus' error dialog that would trigger when opening a skinned right-click context menu and then the window that was hidden. For example, opening the Control Bar's context menu and then having the control bar automatically disappear while the context menu remained visible, followed by pressing escape to close the context menu.
* Fixed issues playing Icecast URLs from the Xiph database.
* In some cases, streaming radio stations would incorrectly open using the Windows Media Player's ActiveX component instead of using DirectShow, leading to bad performance and at times GUI corruption.
* Saving playlists with relative or no path now saves the active playlist entry with a relative or no path (previously the entire path was saved for the active playlist entry).
* Using the options dialog's search function with a non-English language pack would display some of the section names as garbled text.
* When the "Override the active skin's Action OSD display", "Don't Skin the OSD Background" and "Transparent Background" settings were enabled while the "Outline Font" setting was disabled, the pop-up OSD messages would appear with a font outline using the background color if Anti-Aliased windows fonts (cleartype) were enabled.
* When using MadVR to render OSD elements and having the action OSD set to "Don't Skin the OSD Background" and "Transparent Background" and if the background color was set to black, the pop-up OSD would not appear (MadVR doesn't allow 'black' to be used as a background color).
* When using MadVR with automatic subtitle stream selection enabled, in some cases, playback would pause at the beginning of the media instead of playing the media straight away.
* Chapter content embedded in media files would appear truncated if the chapter's title contained a quote character.
* Running "DefaultSettings.exe" would wipe the registry key that provides the Zoom Player uninstaller with the location of the data directory, preventing a clean uninstall. This issue is now resolved by re-creating the registry key on the next Zoom Player run (previously the key was only created during the installation process).
* While in fullscreen, Zooming out to the point where the video area becomes very small truncated the pop-up OSD actions.
* When using the function selection dialog's search function, pressing ENTER would not loop to the top of the list when repeating the search.
* With the "Save Position" checkbox enabled on the skin selection dialog, the maximized window state did not properly save the original window size and position after exiting Zoom Player.
* Using Zoom Player on a monitor with a negative virtual position value caused some dialogs not to center properly.
* Uninstall now removes the 'zpshlext.dll' file from the installation directory when running under a 32bit version of windows.