WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
* Never try to rename file to the very same name.
* Bug fix: Failure when executing custom command and not capturing its output.
* Bug fix: GSSAPI/Kerberos was not working.
* Bug fix: Local file timestamp was interpreted incorrectly for synchronization on Windows 7.
* Bug fix: Failure on close scripting command.
* Bug fix: Edited file was reloaded from active session, not from original session.
* Bug fix: Path history was mixed among sessions.
* Bug fix: Session closed after operation completes was automatically reconnected.
* Bug fix: Check for application updates was hanging.
* Bug fix: Missing content on OpenCandy screen.