Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
- A new application icon.
- Add the capacity to open x64 system files.
- Add Edit context menu command.
- Add a new ability: sub-menus commands can be in the context menu.
- Fix context menu reload problem (plugin commands reload fails).
- Fix searching up fails while code page is set to Chinese/Japnese/Korean bug.
- Remove unsupported encodings by Microsoft Windows : ISO-8859-10, ISO-8859-11, ISO-8859-16.
- Fix move down current lines bug while moving down on the last line.
- Fix crash issue : crash in the next launch after setting MS-DOS-Style as default language.
- Fix zoom bug on the second view.
- Fix a heap corruption of ColourPicker.
- Due to UAC issue, doLocalConf.xml is ignored under vista and windows 7, if Notepad++ is installed in "Program files" directory.