Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
- Fix x64 installer regression issue - install in "C:\Program Files" instead of "C:\Program Files (x86)"
- Fix expanding environment variables regression in backup path.
- Make installer Unicode again.
# Included plugins:
- NppExport v0.2.8 (32-bit x86 only).
- Plugin Manager 1.3.5 (32-bit x86 only).
- Converter 4.2.
- Mime Tool 2.1.
# Updater (Installer only):
- WinGup v4.1.