LibreOffice is the free power-packed Open Source personal productivity suite for Windows, Macintosh and Linux, that gives you six feature-rich applications for all your document production and data processing needs.
Writer is the word processor inside LibreOffice. Use it for everything, from dashing off a quick letter to producing an entire book with tables of contents, embedded illustrations, bibliographies and diagrams.
Calc tames your numbers and helps with difficult decisions when you're weighing the alternatives.
Impress is the fastest and easiest way to create effective multimedia presentations.
Draw lets you build diagrams and sketches from scratch. A picture is worth a thousand words, so why not try something simple with box and line diagrams?
Base is the database front-end of the LibreOffice suite.
Math is a simple equation editor that lets you lay-out and display your mathematical, chemical, electrical or scientific equations quickly in standard written notation.
- Raise limit of characters in paragraphs
- Moved Navigation buttons
- Increase/decrease font size buttons
- DrawingML import/export
- Import/Export nested comments
- Proportion image scaling
- Solarized blue for Non-printing characters
- Relative text frame anchoring improvements
- Vertical alignment for text frames
- Printing comments in margins
- Format all comments
- Unicode-compliant soft hyphen handling
- Smarter highlighting of cell in a formula
- Number selected rows and columns in status bar
- Start cell edit with content of cell above
- User selectable text conversion models
- Pivot Table layout improvement
- Formula engine
- Enable CoinMP solver
- Statistics Wizard (alternative to Excel's Add-in "Analysis ToolPak")
- Random number generation
* Draw and Impress
- Number of Pages
- Fit slide to window
- Slide Pane selected/unselected slides with mouse over
- 3D models
- VCL (GUI Toolkit)
* Options / General
- CUPS, fax machines and spadmin
- Improved PDF import
- Improved OOXML support
- New import filters
- Refreshed Tango icons
- Native background rendering on OSX
- Color pickers improvements
- Start Center improvements
- Initial HiDpi support
- Progressbar for DOCX documents
- New languages/locales in language list
- New languages/locales with locale date
- Adding a new language tag
* Scripting / Base
- Acces2Base new version
* API changes
- OSL macro clean up
- C++ UNO language binding and URE libraries
- UNO API changes
> Removing XInitialization from a service implementations
> Deprecating com.sun.star.lang.XTypeProvider.getImplementationId