HandBrake is an open-source, GPL-licensed, multiplatform, multithreaded DVD to MPEG-4 converter, available for MacOS X, Linux and Windows.
Supported sources: HandBrake is not limited to DVDs: it will now accept practically any type of video as a source.
- File format: MP4, MKV, AVI or OGM
- Video: MPEG-4 or H.264 (1 or 2 passes or constant quantizer/rate encoding)
- Audio: AAC, MP3, Vorbis or AC-3 pass-through (supports encoding of several audio tracks)
- Chapter selection
- Basic subtitle support (burned into the picture)
- Integrated bitrate calculator
- Picture deinterlacing, cropping and scaling
- Grayscale encoding
Fixed decoding of raw video in Matroska/MKV.
Fixed time stamp handling for containerless raw video.
Fixed memory leaks in OpenCL.
Fixed x265 2-pass encoding where video frame rate is altered by filters.
Improved handling of very small amounts of sync jitter (~1 tick).
Improved handling of AVI files with broken indices.
Further refined fix for Libav crash encoding AAC at very high bitrates.
Removed fontconfig dependency on Mac and Windows; libass now uses CoreText/DirectWrite.
Improved subtitle font selection when burning in SRT/SSA subtitles.
Command line interface:
Fixed preset subtitle burn defaults override.
Updated MinGW-w64 build script for improved compatibility with hardened GCC.
Fixed video preset control not updating.
Fixed audio passthru masks not updating until preset save.
Fixed application of SRT subtitles offset.
Updated translations: af, cs, ja_JP, ru, sk, sv.
Fixed When Done option not updating/resetting correctly.