Comodo Internet Security 5.3.174622
Comodo Internet Security is a free, security app that provides complete protection from virus attacks, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero-day attacks, spyware and hackers.
The app is multi faceted and combines powerful Antivirus protection, an enterprise class packet filtering firewall, advanced host intrusion prevention tools, configurable application control and anti-spyware. All in one powerful app.
Key Features include:
- Antivirus: Tracks down and destroy any existing malware hiding in a PC.
- Anti-Spyware: Detects spyware threats and destroys each infection.
- Anti-Root-kit: Scans, detects & removes root-kits on your computer.
- Bot Protection: Prevents malicious software turning your PC into a zombie.
- Defense+: Protects critical system files and blocks malware before it can install.
- Auto Sandbox Technology: Runs unknown files in an isolated environment.
- Memory Firewall: Cutting-edge protection against sophisticated buffer overflow attacks.
- Anti-Malware: Kills malicious processes before they can infect your system.
Overall, Comodo Internet Security features a friendly graphical user interface that can be navigated by users of all levels of expertise. It has a strong, robust firewall, a high quality Antivirus and stacks of other security tools that are all easy to configure; just 'set and forget'.
- NEW! Full IPv6 Support in firewall
- NEW! Rootkit Scanner - Hidden registry keys, files and folders are detected
- NEW! 5 skins from COMODO, including a native windows skin
- IMPROVED! AV database updating - Virus DB size reduced significantly
- IMPROVED! AV engine - fixed some bugs and added new detection mechanisms
- IMPROVED! Cloud scanning is enabled by default in manual scanner now
- IMPROVED! Installer - It now enables/disables windows firewall/defender during the installation/uninstallation
- FIXED! CIS causes massive amount of entries in windows security audit logs
- FIXED! AV does not validate the revocation status of the certificates in signed binaries
- FIXED! BSOD in cmderd.sys