Comodo Internet Security 188.8.131.5206
Comodo Internet Security is a free, security app that provides complete protection from virus attacks, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero-day attacks, spyware and hackers.
The app is multi faceted and combines powerful Antivirus protection, an enterprise class packet filtering firewall, advanced host intrusion prevention tools, configurable application control and anti-spyware. All in one powerful app.
Key Features include:
- Antivirus: Tracks down and destroy any existing malware hiding in a PC.
- Anti-Spyware: Detects spyware threats and destroys each infection.
- Anti-Root-kit: Scans, detects & removes root-kits on your computer.
- Bot Protection: Prevents malicious software turning your PC into a zombie.
- Defense+: Protects critical system files and blocks malware before it can install.
- Auto Sandbox Technology: Runs unknown files in an isolated environment.
- Memory Firewall: Cutting-edge protection against sophisticated buffer overflow attacks.
- Anti-Malware: Kills malicious processes before they can infect your system.
Overall, Comodo Internet Security features a friendly graphical user interface that can be navigated by users of all levels of expertise. It has a strong, robust firewall, a high quality Antivirus and stacks of other security tools that are all easy to configure; just 'set and forget'.
Many stability and performance changes.
You won't see any GeekBuddy alert upon malware detection.
This build is HVCI compliant, this is a feature which is going to be enabled by default in Windows 10 RS5, due in Fall-2018.
When updates to older versions released, updates will be done in two steps, after you have updated, you will see another alert for 2nd update. Any update further on top of this won't require two updates. We have to go through this one time for technical reasons to be ready for next hot-fix release, which will be fully RS5 compliant.
Incompatibility with 'Sea of Thieves', 'State of Decay 2', 'Forza Horizon 3' and 'Age of Empires' games.
A public bug 2355 was raised by moderators, where HIPS does not alert for actions when previously trusted rated application is changed to unrecognized.
Firefox issue in Sandbox.
It has several crash fixes as well, as we found via crash reporting feature.
It has updated Comodo Dragon v66, Comodo Secure Shopping(CSS) v142 and Internet Security Essentials(ISE) v152, both CSS and ISE have update related changes, where during update setup could take high CPU.