The MAMP application installs a local server environment on your Mac OS X computer. MAMP is free of charge, and is easily installed. MAMP will not compromise any existing Apache installation that is running on your system. With MAMP you can install Apache, PHP and MySQL without starting a script or changing any configuration files!
KEY FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Apache. MAMP comes with over 70 Apache Modules such as PHP, SSL, Webdav, Auth, Cache and many more.
- MySQL. MAMP comes with MySQL which is the most commonly used relational database system. There is a MySQL interface for nearly every programming and scripting language available.
- PHP. PHP is preinstalled by nearly every ISP. MAMP comes with 2 versions of PHP. You can switch between the versions in the settings. The most popular extensions such as XCache, Sqlite, Curl, Freetype and libxml come pre-installed with MAMP.
- Python. MAMP automatically installs the most recent version of Python, including mod_wsgi and mod_python. This means, MAMP can be configured in a similar way to how most common ISPs are set up.
- Perl. MAMP integrates Perl by using mod_perl which means perl scripts can be executed outside of cgi-bin. .
- WebStart. The MAMP start page provides information about all installed components. It also contains access to web tools such as phpMyAdmin, SQLite Manager and phpLiteAdmin. The start page can be directly accessed within the MAMP application.
Minimum System Requirements: Mac OS X 10.6.6 & 64-Bit processor (Intel).
MAMP & MAMP PRO:
Improved support for Dropbox.
Updated Licence Agreement to comply with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU).
Improved detection of network ports in use.
Hosts no longer loose their mapped databases.
MySQL Utilities 1.5.6.
PHP 5.4.45, 5.5.38, 5.6.32, 7.0.26, 7.1.12, 7.2.1.
APC/apcu 3.1.13/4.0.11 & 5.1.7.
XCache 1.2.2 & 3.2.0.
Xdebug 2.2.7, 2.4.1 & 2.5.0.
MySQL Connector/Python 2.1.3.
Ruby (with Rails) 2.3.3 (4.2.7).
memcached for PHP 2.2.0 & 3.0.0b1.
Imagick 3.1.2 & 3.4.3.
PHPUnit 4.8.21 & 5.1.3.
ICU 56.1 (Unicode 8.0).
OAuth 1.2.3 & 2.0.2.
YAZ 5.16.0, PHP/YAZ 1.2.1.
YAML 0.1.5, PHP/YAML 1.2.0 & 1.2.0.