The MAMP application installs a local server environment on your Mac OS X computer. MAMP is free of charge, and is easily installed. MAMP will not compromise any existing Apache installation that is running on your system. With MAMP you can install Apache, PHP and MySQL without starting a script or changing any configuration files!
KEY FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Apache. MAMP comes with over 70 Apache Modules such as PHP, SSL, Webdav, Auth, Cache and many more.
- MySQL. MAMP comes with MySQL which is the most commonly used relational database system. There is a MySQL interface for nearly every programming and scripting language available.
- PHP. PHP is preinstalled by nearly every ISP. MAMP comes with 2 versions of PHP. You can switch between the versions in the settings. The most popular extensions such as XCache, Sqlite, Curl, Freetype and libxml come pre-installed with MAMP.
- Python. MAMP automatically installs the most recent version of Python, including mod_wsgi and mod_python. This means, MAMP can be configured in a similar way to how most common ISPs are set up.
- Perl. MAMP integrates Perl by using mod_perl which means perl scripts can be executed outside of cgi-bin. .
- WebStart. The MAMP start page provides information about all installed components. It also contains access to web tools such as phpMyAdmin, SQLite Manager and phpLiteAdmin. The start page can be directly accessed within the MAMP application.
Minimum System Requirements: Mac OS X 10.6.6 & 64-Bit processor (Intel).
We don't have any change log information yet for version 4.4 of MAMP. Sometimes publishers take a little while to make this information available, so please check back in a few days to see if it has been updated.
Can you help?
If you have any change log info you can share with us, we'd love to hear from you! Head over to our Contact page and let us know.