Java Development Kit for Mac is a cross-platform SDK platform to provide specific implementation of Java SE, Java EE and Java ME platforms.
Key contents include:
- Additional Libraries(In the lib/ subdirectory) Additional class libraries and support files required by the development tools.
- Demo Applets and Applications(In the demo/ subdirectory) Examples, with source code, of programming for the Javaplatform. These include examples that use Swing and other Java Foundation Classes, and the Java Platform Debugger Architecture.
- Sample Code(In the sample subdirectory) Samples, with source code, of programming for certain Java API's.
- C header Files(In the include/ subdirectory) Header files that support native-code programming using the Java Native Interface, the JVM Tool Interface, and other functionality of the Javaplatform.
- Source Code(In src.zip) Java programming language source files for all classes that make up the Java core API (that is, sources files for the java.*, javax.* and some org.* packages, but not for com.sun.* packages). This source code is provided for informational purposes only, to help developers learn and use the Java programming language. These files do not include platform-specific implementation code and cannot be used to rebuild the class libraries. To extract these file, use any common zip utility. Or, you may use the Jar utility in the JDK's bin/ directory: jar xvf src.zip.
Java Development Kit for Mac includes a wide variety of tools for streamlined developing, debugging, testing, and monitoring of Java applications. The package contains more than 30 individual tools and services which can be used to control every aspect of Java application development, from concept to final phase and deployment to endusers.