Vuze (formerly Azureus) is a free BitTorrent client, which is used to transfer files via the BitTorrent protocol. The application is written in Java and uses the Azureus Engine.
Vuze offers multiple torrent downloads, queuing/priority systems (on torrents and files), start/stop seeding options and instant access to numerous pieces of information about your torrents.
In addition to BitTorrenting, Vuze allows you to view, publish and share original DVD and HD quality video content. You can see content through channels and categories containing TV shows, music videos, movies, video games and others.
If you publish your own original content via the Vuze platform, you are able to charge for it.
Please be advised: You must have Java installed to be able to run Vuze.
# New Features:
- UI | Remember last configuration view
- UI | Added 'mark as read after failed to auto-download' option
- UI | Support for additional DHT stats/operation views
- UI | Subscription's can now be named and marked as anonymous during creation
- UI | Added share ratio to archived files view
- UI | Installer prompt added when handling non-public URIs
- UI | Network indicator for discovered tags
- UI | Option added to specify how many subscription associations are retained
- UI | Added column indicating if a download has redirected files
- UI | Menu option to revert redirected files within a download
- UI | DHT latency estimate added to views
- UI | Added a request latency column to peers view
- UI | Added simpler way to set download thumbnails
- UI | Option to switch from binary based to decimal based scales
- UI | Option to force separate chat windows to open in side bar
- Core | Added option to make subscription downloads non-public
- Core | Concurrent subscription downloads
- Core | Support for anonymous subscriptions
- Core | Extended subscription based chat to non-web engines where possible
- UI | Updated subscriptions now don't auto-select in sidebar by default - option added to enable this
- UI | Cached seeder/leecher values now shown in column tooltip
- UI | Improved tracker status error messages
- UI | Switch to previous sidebar view when one is closed
- UI | Brazilian Portuguese translation update
- UI | Spanish translation update
- Core | Tag tracker matching now uses 'endswith' instead of 'equals'
- Core | Extract some more items from RSS feeds when available
- Core | Broken trust stores are now automatically reset
# Corrected Bugs:
- UI | Progress bar fit improved
- UI | Verification that a shell is within monitor bounds fix
- UI | Remember sort column
- Core | Maintain 'time found' across subscription updates
- Core | Fix bug with non-public metadata transfer
- Core | Fix edge case where auto-download subscription properties not being set
- Core | Fix installation of SSL certificate after a redirect
- Core | Handle some more corrupted torrent fields
- Core | Try to handle restart/computer close actions when Vuze shutdown is blocked