Tag&Rename is a Windows utility created to manage a wide range of popular music formats. The tool allows for quick and easy editing of tag data, for example MP3 ID, Windows media and iTunes tags (see below for full list). Writing new or updating existing tag data can be done for a single file or in batch for an entire album or folder. Tags are created based on file names or data downloaded from various music databases and song directories including freedb, tracktype.org and Amazon. The tagging software supports a long list of fields: title, artist, album, genre, year, disc number, cover art, lyrics, composer, conductor and more. Tag&Rename’s additional features include a powerful playlist editor with support for recursive subfolders and an advanced file list to show music files in a real folder structure.
File and tag formats supported by Tag&Rename:
- .mp3 - ID3v1, ID3v1.1, ID3v2.2, ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4 tags
- .wma, .asf and .wmv (Windows Media) - Windows Media tags
- .m4a, .m4b (Apple iTunes aac and lossless audio files), .m4p (protected files from Apple Music Store), .mp4 - iTunes tags
- .ogg, .flac and .spx - Vorbis Comments
- .mpc (MusePack), .ape (Monkey's Audio), .ofr (Optim Frog), .wv (Wav Pack) and .tta (True Audio) - APEv1 and APEv2 tags
- .wav – ID3v2 tag in 'id3 ' RIFF chank