Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
Several bug-fixes & enhancement on Plugins Admin.
Notepad++ will load plugins from %PROGRAMDATA% instead of %LOCALAPPDATA%.
Fix installer's plugins copy issue under Linux (by using WINE).
Fix Installer HI-DPI GUI glitch.
Fix "Import plugins" not working issue.
Fix printer header/footer font issue.
Make installer more coherent for the option doLocalConf.xml.
Make text display right in summary panel.