FreeFileSync is a free, open source folder comparison and synchronization application for Windows. The application also runs on Mac OS X and Linux. FreeFileSync provides you with a clean, easy to use and intuitive interface, which offers numerous features for synchronization purposes.
Key Features Include:
- Detect moved and renamed files and folders.
- Automate sync as a batch job.
- Detect conflicts and propagate deletions.
- Use macros for recurring backups.
- Optimal sync sequence prevents disc space bottlenecks.
- Access variable drive letters by volume name (USB sticks).
- Copy NTFS extended attributes (compressed, encrypted, sparse).
FreeFileSync also supports portable installation onto USB memory sticks or external hard drives.
Support synchronization with Google Drive.
Keep sync directions when changing versioning/deletion.
Save last sync time before shutting down system.
Avoid dependency on file id to detect duplicate folders.
Check if path exists before creating duplicate MTP folder.
Check for empty MTP item name during folder traversal.
Check if MTP items are referenced by the same path.
Support MTP devices requiring modTime for file creation.
Fixed sync config GUI distortion when toggling auto retry.
Fixed FreeFileSync sort order in Windows Uninstall.
Fixed log override path being squashed on high DPI.
Fixed volume serial not considered when file id is missing.