AbiWord 2.5.1 Beta
AbiWord is a free word processing program similar to Microsoft® Word. It is suitable for a wide variety of word processing tasks.
Enjoy your favorite Word Processor on the operating system you like to use - be it Windows, Linux, QNX, FreeBSD or Solaris.
AbiWord is able to read and write all industry standard document types, such as OpenOffice.org documents, Microsoft Word documents, WordPerfect documents, Rich Text Format documents, HTML web pages and many more.
Advanced Document Layout
Give your document that professional, scientific or fun-to-read look using AbiWord's advanced document layout options. Use tables, bullets, lists, images, footnotes, endnotes and styles to enhance the way your document looks.
AbiWord comes in many different languages. AbiWord is available in most common and many not-so-common languages. Dictionaries exist for over 30 languages.
- Make the GNOME office plugin compile with goffice-0.3.6+
- Build fixes (OTS plugin, OSX autotools build, shush warnings).
- Use std::string and std containers in many places instead of homegrown stuff.
- Possibly fix bug 10791
- Fix several warnings in the code
- Don't use const_cast<> but rather use a const_iterator, and other C++ STL released cleanups
- Add cdump.pl to the distribution tarball
- Introduce plain gtk embedded build.
- Remove unfinnished merge-documents code
- Fix crasher on inserting footnote.
- Fix 9665.
- Use glib for utf8/ucs4 conversions
- Remove lang from defintion of normal style (bug 10124)
- Streamline YNC message box for embedded targets
- Font substitution in Pango graphics class
- Enable customisation of fonts listed in UI (xp and Unix code)
- Do not merge PangoItems that require different fonts into a single run
- Remove tmpfile() calls from abiword. add gsf loading/saving methods to the abiwidget. sorry if i marginally break non-unix platforms with XAP_Frame::load(NULL).
- Bug 10751 - use glib's types and memory allocation functions. no more mismatched free g_free malloc/g_malloc
- Fix bug 8382 (and possibly others) by disallowing users from unloading plugins at runtime.
- Export text to PRIMARY in UTF8. add HTML and PNG too, if it's requested. (Unix)
- Fix an some asserts and Glib CRITICAL's in the collaboration plugin
- Make the collaboration backends optional, and fix some crashes when no backend is configured at all
- Beginnings of a plain TCP backend for the collaboration plugin (unfinished, does not work yet)
- Fix bug 10792 - AbiWord does not build with automake 1.10
- Wrap "insert table" widget.
- Implement 6 new signals for text and image selections.
- Implement a new widget method to return the mouse position.
- New mthods needed for abiwidget to return mouse position and get the current context.
- Fix 10796, Crash when inserting a table sum field.
- Fix dragging of vertical table lines when using abiwidget in OLPC mode.
- Table support for the abiwidget.
- Fix bug 10755 - "make dist doesn't package abiword-plugins\wp\impexp\graphics\win32nativ\Makefile"
- Deprecate bonobo, only build when explicitly requested (Unix)
- Build fixes (prune peer wv).
- Remove broken menu options (editable toolbar).
- Port UT_XML stuff to glib.
- Fix bug 10587 "Document titles aren't escaped in GTK+ message box" (Unix)
- Fix bug 9168 "Styles in random order in Styles dialogs"
- Fix bug 9851 "recent document list in the file menu should be trimmed"
- Fix bug 5192 "Abiword shouldn't save main window's size if maximized"
- Fix bug 8821 "tooltips don't always go away"
- Fix bug 1511 "Selection lists should be sorted in localized order"
- Platform dependent dnd infrastructure (Unix).
- Purge 'app' attribute from strings file, we only have AbiWord.
- Display physically non-existant fonts in the font combo (unix) as requested by Tomas. Works only once the caret has seen the font.
- Fix bug 10801 "PATH_MAX redefined" warnings"
- Fix #10030 "Disable the fixed column size spinner in the table dialog depending on selection"
- Fix bug 10042 "Format TextBox does not allow to change the thickness"
- Fix Bug 10441, import footnotes from XSL-FO documents.
- Fix Bug 10758, XSL-FO importer doesn't append superscript formatting to footnote references or anchors.
- Prevent a number of crashes that could easily be triggered by dragging the contents of Attachment 1546 (from Bug 5825) around.
- Fix Bug 10761, package the OPML importer on Windows.
- Fix Bug 10760, TOC heading text not exported to WML.
- Remove the two deactivate buttons from the win32 plug-in dialog to match the unix version.
- Improve ODT import support for underline and strike formatting.
- Fix Bug 10798, ODT exporter doesn't save normal font weight.
- Fix some warnings in the OPML importer.
- Prevent crashes in g_utf8_get_char_validated().
- Don't pass -DNDEBUG when building with ABI_OPT_DEBUG=2 on MinGW
- Fix some warnings in the OpenDocument, OpenWriter, XSL-FO and WML plug-ins
- Fix some warnings in af/ev/win (Windows)
- Fix the rest of Bug 10640, text-indent not exported to OpenDocument
- Fix a potential mismatched tag bug in the ODT exporter (it was possible to return before closing an open span when exporting MathML).
- Fix Bug 10594, export bookmarks to OpenDocument.
- Fix Bug 10804, win32 rendering crash in Uniscribe's ScriptStringOut().
- Fix Bug 7988, table sum fields use non-standard formatting string.
- Fix Bug 10322, don't allow the insertion of tables into positioned images.
- Don't crash when trying to start AbiWord with a nonexistent stringset (e.g. sl-SL).
- Prevent a context menu crash that would occur if you tried to right-click as AbiWord was closing (easy to reproduce in Valgrind).
- Import the xml:lang attribute from WML img elements.
- Fix Bug 10759, DocBook importer doesn't append superscript formatting to footnote references or anchors.
- Fix Bug 10807, images are exported to (X)HTML without lang and xml:lang attributes.
- Fix Bugs 10810 and 10811, export image titles and descriptions (alt text) to ODT.
- Don't prevent the win32 FOSA dialog from popping up when the document title is something like "TrÃ¥kigt".
- Fix bug 10800