Mozilla Thunderbird makes e-mailing safer, faster, and easier with features such as intelligent spam filters, a built-in RSS reader, and quick search. Thunderbird was designed to prevent viruses and to stop junk mail.
Thunderbird includes tabbed e-mail, new search tools and indexing, smart folders, support for Firefox, a simplified setup wizard and robust junk protections that include phishing and spam filters.
Key Features Include:
- Tabbed email.
- An Archive feature similar to the one found in GMail.
- Lightning fast search.
- Smart folders.
Thunderbird has junk mail tools that have been updated to stay ahead of spam and features anti-phishing protection.
Security issues: (3)
- Fixed: 356215, CVE-2006-5462, MFSA 2006-60 - RSA Signature Forgery (Critical)
- Fixed: 307809, 310267, 349527, 350238, 350370, 351116, 351328, 351973, 352271, 352606, 353165, 354145, 354151, 354924, 355569, CVE-2006-5464, CVE-2006-5747, CVE-2006-5748 - Crashes with evidence of memory corruption (rv:18.104.22.168) (Moderate)
- Fixed: 355655, CVE-2006-5463 - Running Script can be recompiled (Moderate)
- Fixed: 323531 - crash when deleting all attachments after detaching all of them from one mail
Address book: (1)
- Fixed: 230580 - ldap_2 "user_directory"/"_nonascii_" preferences proliferating unnecessarily
- Fixed: 351685 - Total email count is set to 0 after compacting an Inbox
- Fixed: 249240 - Password dialog for POP/IMAP server does not reprompt when password is changed externally.
UI improvements: (1)
- Fixed: 332883 - Thunderbird freezes while searching in a folder with lots of messages ( search bar )
Miscellaneous fixes: (1)
- Fixed: 352801 - 22.214.171.124 keeps asking for password