PowerArchiver offers hundreds of features, yet remains easy to use, small and fast. Novice users will find a familiar interface complete with tutorial and detailed help, while more experienced users can take advantage of full Explorer integration, multiple encryption methods and advanced compression algorithms.
Here is a brief list of some of the key features found in PowerArchiver:
- Preview Window
- Full Windows Vista Support
- Superior ZIP Support
- 7-Zip Compression
- Multiple Formats Support Including ISO
- New Queue System (Add/Extract/Backup) and PowerArchiver Starter
- Unmatched Security
- Automated Backups
- Guaranteed Compatibility and Explorer Integration
- Compression Profiles
- Useful Tools
# Improvements and fixes
* Backup: You can now add 7-Zip AES file name encryption to the backup archives. Without proper password, nobody will be able to open these archives.
* Backup: 7-Zip spanning options have been added. In addition to previously available zip/zipx spanning, now you can also use 7-zip spanning in backup.
* 7-Zip SFX has been updated to the latest version.
* Optimizations: lowered the size of PowerArchiverâ€™s main executable by 1 MB.
* Optimizations: reduced memory usage by 350 kb.
* Various minor improvements and fixes.