Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
# New features and fixed bugs:
- Fix config.xml zero length bug after Windows' update (Notepad++ is forced to quit).
- Fix a crash issue on save as command.
- Fix saving file fails silently bug.
- Fix a buffer overflow bug.
- Add case sensitive option for smart highlighting feature.
- Enhance the localization system.
- Fix a behavior issue on Windows shutdown.
- Enhance comment operations: add stream Uncomment command and cross-calling of block feature.
- Enhance TAB to space and space to TAB commands.
# Included plugins:
- Spell Checker v1.3.3
- NppFTP 0.24.1
- NppExport v0.2.8
- Plugin Manager 1.0.8
- Converter 3.0