Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
* Fixed bugs:
- Fix a html tag match freezing issue.
- Fix the sidebar splitter failed in Windows 8 issue.
- Fix un regression: folding/unfolding performance issue.
- Fix tab context menu in the other localization regression due to adding new command "Reload".
- Fix lower/UPPER case on selected text which contains NULL characters.
- Fix wrap/unwrap line position not being kept bug.
- Fix xml syntax highlighting broken because of php preprocessor instruction inside.
- Fix a GUI bug which shows empty tab row while closing a last tab in a row (in the multi-line tab mode).
* Included plugins:
- Spell Checker v1.3.3
- NppFTP 0.24.1
- NppExport v0.2.8
- Plugin Manager 1.0.8
- Converter 3.0