TinkerTool is feature packed software, which gives you access to the additional preference settings that Apple has built into Mac OS X.
The software will allow you to activate hidden features within the OS and also in some of the applications that are bundled with OS X.
You don't have to worry about damaging your entire system, as TinkerTool will ensure that preference changes will only affect the current user (No Administrative privileges are required).
Please Note: OS X 10.9 or later is required.
- Added new setting to block access to the Preferences window of the Finder.
- Added new setting to block access to the Empty Trash function of the Finder.
- Added new setting to disable the delay for showing the Dock when the Dock is set to hide automatically.
- Added new setting to control the blink rate of the text insertion marker.
- Added new setting to enable a key combination that toggles the setting for dark menu and Dock (OS X Yosemite or later only).
- Many small changes in the user interface.
- Switching to Portuguese is now sufficient to enable language support for Brasilian Portuguese.
- Korean language support had to be removed.