VSAT for Android is a self-assessment application for medium and large businesses. Pool Reinsurance Company (Pool Re) has developed this app after the IRA bomb of the Baltic Exchange in 1992. You need to sign up for the VSAT online service or have proper credentials before using the app, much like Avast when it comes to PC risk.
The VSAT app helps businesses to assign specific assessments to assessors and sites. The assessor will complete the evaluation on-site using the app on a mobile device. Once uploaded to the server, it generates a summary and full report, including individual risk ratings per section.
Six categories of assessment
There are six sections in the vulnerability self-assessment.
- Physical security - covers various areas, like access control, CCTV, facial recognition, lighting and vehicle access.
- Personnel gives a personnel security overview, pre-employment screening, training and policies and procedures.
- IT infrastructure checks IT systems, cloud storage, encryption, firewalls and passwords.
- You assess good housekeeping by first getting an overview. Then, you check maintenance and storage areas.
- The corporate profile assessment provides an overview. It also looks at protest movements and inspects the use of hazardous substances.
- Risk management involves business continuity, emergency management and response plans.
Using the assessment
Once you complete the assessments and upload them to the VSAT servers, it generates two reports. The executive summary gives a risk rating and identifies individual risk ratings per section. The full report shows risks and provides practical solutions to lessen these risks following the UK best practices.
If you have an average risk of 35% or less for your accessed site, you qualify for a loss mitigation credit (LMC). It means a reduction in your insurance premium. Use the VSAT email feature to notify your insurer that you have reached the required standard.
The free app for Android 9.0 and higher has only two options. Start assessments and view reports. It adds the convenience of mobility to make on-site inspections more efficient.
Identify risk, provide business solutions
The VSAT self-assessment app helps you find risks in your business and provide business solutions to mitigate these risks. It lets you access the risk of six categories and provides you with reports of your threats. Based on these assessments, suggestions are given based on UK best practices to lower these risks.