VIP Access (or Symantec VIP Access) is a free and safe login authenticator app like Google Authenticator, CyberDuck and OneLogin Protect. It helps you protect all your accounts and online transactions by using powerful authentication. In order to use it, enable VIP Access before you sign in to your accounts. You can use VIP Access to sign in to your personal accounts or any other site that's within the VIP Network. The method of authentication depends on the method used by the participating organisation. You can use Symantec VIP Access for personal end-user or business enterprise authentication.
VIP Access features
Symantec VIP Access adds extra-strong authentication to the normal login process in the following ways:
- Fingerprint identification or a security code provided in a push notification. Note that the fingerprint option only works on devices that are fingerprint capable.
- Receive push notifications that you need to approve as a form of authentication. Your organisation can request authentication like a pattern, PIN number, password or fingerprint scan.
- It generates a one-time security code that you can use along with your username and password.
- It lets you create a security code without a network, mobile or Wi-Fi connection.
- Scan a QR code from companies like Facebook, Amazon and Google to generate a security code every 30 seconds to allow you to log in safely. Enter this code, accompanied by your password, to strengthen authentication to your favourite sites.
Setting up and configuring VIP Access
You can download and install VIP Access on your Mac computer by downloading it from Apple’s App Store. Then, register on My VIP to use two-step verification, then you can manage the app in the My VIP portal. For the registration steps, you can go to their official website.
Secure login credentials
You can use VIP Access to log in to enterprise or personal websites without compromising yourself or your company data. These days, using a password isn’t enough to protect you from hackers. Apps like VIP Access might not protect you entirely but can still throw hackers off by forcing them to go through a longer process.