Sweet Home 3D for Mac 5.6
Sweet Home 3D for Mac is a free interior design application that can help you design and plan your house, office, workspace, garage, studio or almost any other designed building you can think of. There are some really good features to Sweet Home 3D for Mac, such as the ability to place furniture within a 2D plan and view it in a 3D preview.
Key features include:
- Draw straight, round or sloping walls with precise dimensions via mouse or keyboard.
- Insert doors and windows in walls by dragging them in the plan and Sweet Home 3D for Mac will compute wall holes.
- Add furniture to the plan from a searchable and extensible catalog.
- Change color, texture, size, thickness, location and orientation of furniture, walls, floors and ceilings.
- Design the home in 2D and simultaneously view it in 3D from an aerial point of view, or navigate into it from a virtual visitor point of view.
- Annotate the plan with room areas, dimension lines and texts.
- Create photorealistic images and videos with the ability to control sunlight effect according to the time of day and geographic location.
- Import home blueprint to draw walls upon it, 3D models to complete default catalog, and textures to customize surfaces.
- Print and export PDFs, bitmap or vector graphics images, videos and 3D files in standard file formats.
- Extend the features of Sweet Home 3D with plug-ins programmed in Java.
- Multi language support: 25 languages.
Overall, Sweet Home 3D for Mac is a great application for getting started with 3D design. It is easy to use and has an intuitive user interface. The 3D walkarounds are excellent and there is lots of furniture to choose from. You can even create rounded rooms! The application has a nice auto recovery feature in case Sweet Home 3D crashes.
Fixed a bug that prevented to export to CSV format.
Fixed the size of furniture in subgroups when their parent group is resized.
Fixed wrongly computed threshold of doors larger than the side of a room.
Improved printing performances under Mac OS X with Java 8u152.
Replaced JRE 8u144 by JRE 8u152 in Sweet Home 3D installers bundled with Java.
Other minor bugs fixes and enhancements.