Mendeley for Mac provides an useful solution to document management. It has 1GB of free cloud-based storage which is also upgradable to 2GB for $5 per month, 5GB for $10, or $15 for unlimited storage. Mendeley for Mac comes with cross-platform compatibility and has a clear interface that is easy to view and navigate.
Key Features include:
- All your research centralized: Securely stored and accessible across devices, you can search and sort your references, documents and notes in one place.
- Read and annotate on the go: Use Mendeley online or offline to access your PDFs on the move.
- Reference Manager: Generate your citations and bibliography in the style of your choice, with support for Microsoft Word, LibreOffice and BibTeX.
- Collaboration: Publicly or privately share reading lists, references or full-text articles. Create groups to tackle research assignments, share feedback and write papers.
- Organize: Import and organize PDFs from your computer, EndNote, Papers or Zotero.
- Showcasing your work: Connect with colleagues and peers to follow their research output. Showcase your published research to millions across the globe.
With Mendeley for Mac you can access your papers on the web or iOS device. Mendeley has mobile apps for iOS and Android platforms, allowing you to access your Mendeley library, read and annotate your PDFs, and keep everything in sync across all your devices.
Please be aware Windows XP and earlier Windows OS versions will no longer be officially supported by Mendeley Desktop.
MacOS Sierra and High Sierra are now officially supported by Mendeley Desktop.
Please be aware MacOS Maverick and earlier MacOS versions will no longer be officially supported by Mendeley Desktop.
The display for Groups now only shows Documents; Overview and Members will no longer display but you can still manage Group members on mendeley.com.
Improved speed of drag ‘n’ drop when dragging large number of documents.
Fixed linking to Get Help.
Fixed an error -
That caused the Citation plug-in to hang on refresh in MS Word and LibreOffice.
That caused citations not to render properly when inserted in a table.
That caused repeat citations to be incorrectly indexed.
On inserting bibliography.
That caused MS Word for Mac 16.8 to slow down when the plug-in was installed.
That caused ‘Keep citation edit?” to appear multiple time when editing citations.
That caused MS word to hang when editing a citation.