Windows Defender Beta 2 (B 1051)
Windows Defender is an application which helps protect your computer against pop-ups, slow performance and security threats that are caused by spyware and other malware, by detecting and removing these threats from your computer.
Windows Defender features Real-Time Protection; a monitoring system that recommends actions against spyware when it's detected. It minimizes interruptions and helps you stay productive.
Windows Defender key benefits include:
- Spyware detection and removal.
- Improved Internet browsing safety.
- Protection against the latest threats.
Windows Defender is enhanced by SpyNet; a community that brings Windows Defender users together to identify and share information about spyware. This community reports potential threats identified by the Windows Defender real-time system agents to the SpyNet servers, these in turn, catalogue and update the system to help protect you from new spyware threats.
- Enhanced performance through a new scanning engine.
- Streamlined, simplified user interface and alerts.
- Improved control over programs on your computer with enhanced Software Explorer.
- Multiple language support with globalization and localization features.
- Protection features for all users, whether or not they have administrator rights on the computer.
- Support for assistive technology for individuals who have physical or cognitive difficulties, impairments, and disabilities.
- Support for Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
- Automatic cleaning according to your settings during regularly scheduled scans.