TEncoder Video Converter  4.5.10
TEncoder is a multi-threaded video converter that uses MEncoder, MPlayer and FFMpeg. The app can convert almost all video formats into whatever format you need. There are a few cool features that come with TEncoder such as the ability to hard-code subtitles into your video.
Key Features Include:
- Multi threading enables you to use all cores of your CPU.
- Supports almost all video formats.
- Choose between FFMpeg and Mencoder as encoder.
- Download content from sites like YouTube.com.
- Subtitles can be hard-coded into video.
- Output video codecs are: Mpeg1, Mpeg2, Xvid, Mpeg4, H264, FLV, WMV, VP8.
- Output audio codecs are: MP3, WAV, AAC, OGG Vorbis, AC3, Mp2.
- Create videos from image and audio files.
- Support for different skins.
- You can preview files before encoding.
TEncoder has been designed to be as simple as possible to use. The app uses profiles to make conversions easy. Although you can select video and audio codecs manually and then choose almost innumerable ways to configure them, you don't have to, as you can use profiles that will apply those changes for you. You also have the option to trim your videos and add delays, convert your videos to animated gif or add watermarks.
TEncoder allows up to 16 simultaneous processes. You can also select between multiple audio and subtitle tracks and you can even add effects to your videos, like deinterlacing.
The downside to TEncoder is there are more than 840 different profiles that you can select from. Whilst this increases the chance that your device is listed from amongst the profiles, it makes it tricky to find the appropriate profile, especially if you just want to convert a file for playback on your PC or DVD player.
Overall, TEncoder has stacks of profiles to choose from to make it easy to convert videos to devices without prior knowledge of screen resolution, codecs or file formats, but you could get confused if you delve around too much.