FreeFileSync is a free, open source folder comparison and synchronization application for Mac OS X. The application also runs on Windows and Linux. FreeFileSync provides you with a clean, easy to use and intuitive interface, which offers numerous features for synchronization purposes.
Key Features Include:
- Detect moved and renamed files and folders.
- Automate sync as a batch job.
- Detect conflicts and propagate deletions.
- Uses macros %time%, %date%, et al. for recurring backups.
- Optimal sync sequence prevents disc space bottlenecks.
- Access variable drive letters by volume name (USB sticks).
- Copy NTFS extended attributes (compressed, encrypted, sparse).
FreeFileSync also supports portable installation onto USB memory sticks or external hard drives.
Binary-compare multiple files in parallel.
Copy file permissions when creating base folders.
Fixed hang when scrolling file list (Windows).
Fixed file list mismatch when cancelling sync.
Fixed delay when cancelling folder existence check.
Fixed sync processing order to honor FIFO.
Fixed startup delay when internet is offline (Linux, macOS).
Fixed crash when closing via the macOS Dock.
Support installation without admin rights (macOS).
Fixed bcrypt.dll not found on startup (Windows XP).
Respect Content-Length header for HTTP requests.
Support parallel folder traversal on Ubuntu 16.4.
Fixed missing shared library dependencies (Linux).
Unified precompiled Linux binary packages.