PlanetSide 2 is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online first-person shooter developed and published by Sony Online Entertainment. PlanetSide 2 gameplay is based around open-world territory control and features large battles of up to 2000 players per continent.
The 3 contesting factions are the Terran Republic, the New Conglomerate, and the Vanu Sovereignty. Planetside 2 currently features 4 playable continents each with numerous territories to contest and take control of.Features Include:
- Massive open continents
- Land and Air Vehicles
- Up to 2000 active players per continent
- Class-based Combat
Planetside 2 provides 6 distinct classes with unique abilities and equipment;
- Heavy Assault – Rush into the battle ahead, guns blazing. You are the dedicated foot soldier of Auraxis.
- Light Assault – Go where the Heavies can’t with your short-burst jetpack. Pick a high spot, throw a grenade and surprise your foes!
- Combat Medic – Keep your fellow soldiers healed- it’s your job to revive fallen comrades.
- Infiltrator – Stealthy and silent, you are death from the shadows. Whether you choose a knife from behind or a single shot from sniper’s nest, you are the enemy’s greatest fear.
- Engineer – A crucial support class with the ability to repair important gear including vehicles, terminals, and turrets. Engineers can drop their own shielded turret and mow down advancing troops.
- MAX – Heavily armored, cannons for hands, and a disposition to match, you are the ruler of the battlefield and a walking mass of armored death.
Overall, Planetside 2 is a massive open-world game that with the potential for battles with hundreds of participating players. There is few games that can match the scale of battles that Planetside 2 can encompass. Planetside 2 is free to play and is supported by in-game purchases.
We don't have any change log information yet for version 2018 of Planetside 2. Sometimes publishers take a little while to make this information available, so please check back in a few days to see if it has been updated.
Can you help?
If you have any change log info you can share with us, we'd love to hear from you! Head over to our Contact page and let us know.