K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 11.05
The K-Lite Mega Codec Pack is a collection of DirectShow filters, VFW/ACM codecs and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding audio and video formats. The K-Lite Mega Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your audio and movie files.
The K-Lite Mega Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
- It is updated frequently. So it is always up-to-date with the newest and/or best components.
- All components have been carefully selected for specific purposes. It is not just a random bunch of stuff thrown together.
- It is very user-friendly and easy to use.
- The installation is fully customizable, meaning that you are able to install just those components that you really want.
- The customization abilities go beyond the component level. Some components are able to handle multiple formats. You can specify exactly which components should handle which formats. The pack can thus be fully tweaked to your own specific needs and preferences.
- Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys.
- It is extremely easy to make a fully customized unattended installation with the integrated wizard.
- It does not contain any bad, buggy or unstable codecs.
With the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even several less common formats.
- Updated MPC-HC to version 126.96.36.199
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.64-26-gb3ea3
- Updated Icaros to version 2.3.0 b5
- Updated Codec Tweak Tool to version 5.9.7
- LAV Audio decoder now supports decoding DTS-HD Master Audio (up to 7.1 / 96 kHz / 24-bit). Previously it could only decode the embedded DTS core.
- The default audio decoder has been changed from ffdshow to LAV.
- The installer now has four installation modes (Simple/Normal/Advanced/Expert) which differ in the amount of options shown during installation. In the new default mode (Normal) less options are shown than in previous versions. To get the same amount of options as in previous versions, you have to select the Advanced mode.
- The installer now provides options to specify your preferred audio and video player. The installation is optimized based on your choices.
- In Simple and Normal install mode, the installer will now automatically create file associations for your preferred players. In Advanced and Expert mode, file associations are pre-configured, but can be adjusted as desired. There is an option to turn off this automatic behavior.
- The installer now provides easy options to specify your preferred audio/video decoders and splitter.
- The goal of the above changes is to make the installation easier to use for novice users, while still providing full flexibility for our experienced users.