iTunes’ legacy as one of the most popular and successful programs out there truly speaks for itself. This free application for Mac and PC plays all of your digital music and video, but it also does so much more.
This full-featured mp3 player/organiser was originally made by Apple and is now available for Windows users too. It allows you to organise your music, TV shows, movies and apps in a way like never before.Key features include:
- Organise your music into playlists.
- Record compact discs.
- Edit file information.
- Purchase music and videos on the Internet through the built in iTunes store.
- Shuffle function
- Run a visualiser to display graphical effects in time to the music.
- Copy files to an iPod or other digital audio player.
- Encode music into a number of different audio formats.
iTunes provides an ideal opportunity to follow your favourite artists, and friends, to find out what their music preferences and latest updates are. Your entire media collection is only a click away with iTunes. Those born after its inception will never know the pains of rummaging through scores of CDs, or cassettes!
This gem is also the perfect partner for your iPod or iPhone. You can sync both with iTunes in a speedy, seamless and simple way, thanks to built-in Auto-Sync. This will mean that you will always have the latest tunes with you wherever you go.
Worried about organising it all? Don’t be. You can create and edit your own playlists with iTunes. Its search facilities are also impressive. Want a hard copy? iTunes will allow you to create and burn your own CDs too, as well as help you create CD jewel inserts using album art.
The latest versions of iTunes also include a video player organiser, which comes with a wealth of features. You can now watch your favourite shows, movies or even your own content too.
Overall, iTunes remains one of the most must-have applications out there. When you’re setting up your new PC, Mac or device, the chances are that this will be one of the first things on your download list. It’s never been so easy to find, organise and listen to good music – and iTunes is one of the main reasons why.
- Completely Redesigned. iTunes makes it more fun to explore and enjoy your music, movies, and TV shows. You'll love the beautiful edge-to-edge design, custom designs for each album, movie, or TV show in your library, and getting personal recommendations any time you click In the Store.
- A New Store. The iTunes Store has been completely redesigned and now features a clean look that makes it simpler than ever to see what's hot and discover new favorites.
- Play purchases from iCloud. Your music, movie, and TV show purchases in iCloud now appear inside your library. Just sign-in with your Apple ID to see them. Double-click to play them directly from iCloud or download a copy you can sync to a device or play while offline.
- Up Next. It's now simple to see which songs are playing next, all from a single place. Just click the Up Next icon in the center display and they'll instantly appear. You can even reorder, add, or skip songs whenever you like.
- New MiniPlayer. You can now do a whole lot more with a lot less space. In addition to showing what's playing, MiniPlayer now includes album art, adds Up Next, and makes it easy to search for something new to play—all from a smaller and more elegant design.
- Improved search. It's never been easier to find what you're looking for in iTunes. Just type in the search field and you'll instantly see results from across your entire library. Select any result and iTunes takes you right to it.
- Playback syncing. iCloud now remembers your place in a movie or TV show for you. Whenever you play the same movie or episode from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple TV, it will continue right where you left off.