Wireshark is the world's foremost network protocol analyzer, and is the de facto standard across many industries and educational institutions.
- Deep inspection of hundreds of protocols, with more being added all the time
- Live capture and offline analysis
- Standard three-pane packet browser
- Multi-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, OS X, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and many others
- Captured network data can be browsed via a GUI, or via the TTY-mode TShark utility
- The most powerful display filters in the industry
- Rich VoIP analysis
- Read/write many different capture file formats
- Capture files compressed with gzip can be decompressed on the fly
- Live data can be read from Ethernet, IEEE 802.11, PPP/HDLC, ATM, Bluetooth, USB, Token Ring, Frame Relay, FDDI, and others (depending on your platfrom)
- Decryption support for many protocols, including IPsec, ISAKMP, Kerberos, SNMPv3, SSL/TLS, WEP, and WPA/WPA2
- Coloring rules can be applied to the packet list for quick, intuitive analysis
- Output can be exported to XML, PostScript®, CSV, or plain text
The following vulnerabilities have been fixed. See the security advisory for details and a workaround.
*On non-Windows systems, Wireshark could crash if the HOME environment variable contained sprintf-style string formatting characters. Discovered by babi. (Bug 3150)
Versions affected: 0.99.8 to 1.0.5
*Wireshark could crash while reading a malformed NetScreen snoop file. Discovered by babi. (Bug 3151)
Versions affected: 0.99.7 to 1.0.5
*Wireshark could crash while reading a Tektronix K12 text capture file. (Bug 1937)
Versions affected: 0.99.6 to 1.0.5
The following bugs have been fixed:
*Crash when loading capture file and Preferences: NO Info column (Bug 2902)
*Some Lua scripts may lead to corruption via out of bounds stack (Bug 3062)
*Build with GLib 1.2 fails with error: 'G_MININT32' undeclared (Bug 3109)
*Wrong decoding IMSI with GSM MAP protocol (Bug 3116)
*Segmentation fault for "Follow TCP stream" (Bug 3119)
*SMPP optional parameter 'network_error_code' incorrectly decoded (Bug 3128)
*DHCPv6 dissector doesn't handle malformed FQDN (Bug 3134)
*WCCP overrides CFLOW as decoded protocol (Bug 3175)
*Improper decoding of MPLS echo reply IPv4 Interface and Label Stack Object (Bug 3179)
*ANSI MAP fix for TRN digits/SMS and OTA subdissection (Bug 3214)
*The 1.0 branch can now be built with Visual Studio 2008.
New and Updated Features
*The version of GNUTLS included with the Windows packages has been updated from 2.3.8 to 2.6.3.
New Protocol Support
There are no new protocols in this release.
Updated Protocol Support
AFS, ATM, DHCPv6, DIS, E.212, RTP, UDP, USB, WCCP, WPS
New and Updated Capture File Support