Wireshark is the world's foremost network protocol analyzer, and is the de facto standard across many industries and educational institutions.
- Deep inspection of hundreds of protocols, with more being added all the time
- Live capture and offline analysis
- Standard three-pane packet browser
- Multi-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, OS X, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and many others
- Captured network data can be browsed via a GUI, or via the TTY-mode TShark utility
- The most powerful display filters in the industry
- Rich VoIP analysis
- Read/write many different capture file formats
- Capture files compressed with gzip can be decompressed on the fly
- Live data can be read from Ethernet, IEEE 802.11, PPP/HDLC, ATM, Bluetooth, USB, Token Ring, Frame Relay, FDDI, and others (depending on your platfrom)
- Decryption support for many protocols, including IPsec, ISAKMP, Kerberos, SNMPv3, SSL/TLS, WEP, and WPA/WPA2
- Coloring rules can be applied to the packet list for quick, intuitive analysis
- Output can be exported to XML, PostScript®, CSV, or plain text
# The following bugs have been fixed:
* Move Y.1711 out of MPLS dissector.
* Patch: Add frame.interface_id support for ERF file format.
* Freeze when Resizing or Moving while capturing.
* Wireshark crashes when using multiple files.
* Wireshark crashes on opening very short NFS pcap file.
* Analyze->Apply as Filter and Analyze->Prepare a Filter cause crashes.
* crashes in interface list, pipe handling.
* ISDN LAPD X.31 packet traffic can not be decoded.
* GIOP request_id used for sub dissectors is not assigned when decoding GIOP 1.2 Request message.
* pcap-ng -ISB always writes 0 for isb_ifrecv option.
* GSM classmark3 decode wrong.
* mem corruption\heap corruption\div0 bugs.
* DNS AD flag not shown properly.
* Wireshark and TShark crash at start with invalid color filter on SPARC.
# Updated Protocol Support
* AFP, Apache JServ Protocol v1.3, Bluetooth L2CAP, CIP, CTDB, DCP ETSI, ERF, EtherCAT Mailbox, FC Link Control, GIOP, GSM A, GSM RLC MAC, GTP, GTPv2, ISDN, LISP, MongoDB, MPLS ITU-T Y.1711 OAM, MPLS PM, NFS, RTPS2, SCTP, STUN, XTP
# New and Updated Capture File Support
* Ixia IxVeriWave, pcap-ng