Wireshark is the world's foremost network protocol analyzer, and is the de facto standard across many industries and educational institutions.
- Deep inspection of hundreds of protocols, with more being added all the time
- Live capture and offline analysis
- Standard three-pane packet browser
- Multi-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, OS X, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and many others
- Captured network data can be browsed via a GUI, or via the TTY-mode TShark utility
- The most powerful display filters in the industry
- Rich VoIP analysis
- Read/write many different capture file formats
- Capture files compressed with gzip can be decompressed on the fly
- Live data can be read from Ethernet, IEEE 802.11, PPP/HDLC, ATM, Bluetooth, USB, Token Ring, Frame Relay, FDDI, and others (depending on your platfrom)
- Decryption support for many protocols, including IPsec, ISAKMP, Kerberos, SNMPv3, SSL/TLS, WEP, and WPA/WPA2
- Coloring rules can be applied to the packet list for quick, intuitive analysis
- Output can be exported to XML, PostScript®, CSV, or plain text
The following bugs have been fixed:
BT ATT dissector crash.
MBIM dissector crash.
DMP dissector crash.
RTSP dissector crash.
DOCSIS infinite loop.
Wireshark crash when end capturing with "Update list of packets in real-time" option off.
Diameter service response time statistics broken in 2.2.4.
Sequence number isn’t shown as the X axis in TCP Stream Graph - RTT.
Using an SSL subdissector will cause SSL data to not be decoded (related to reassembly of application data).
Wireshark 2.4.0 doesn’t build with Qt 4.8.
Some Infiniband Connect Req fields are not decoded correctly.
Voip Flow Sequence button crash.
Wireshark-2.4.1/epan/dissectors/packet-dmp.c:1034: sanity check in wrong place ?
Wireshark-2.4.1/ui/qt/tcp_stream_dialog.cpp:1206: sanity check in odd place ?
[oss-fuzz] ASAN: 232 byte(s) leaked in 4 allocation(s).
[oss-fuzz] ASAN: 47 byte(s) leaked in 1 allocation(s).
Own interface toolbar logger dialog for each log command.
Wireshark crashes when dissecting DOCSIS REGRSPMP which contains UCD.
Broken installation instructions for Visual Studio Community Edition.
RTP Analysis "save as CSV" saves twice the forward stream, if two streams are selected.
VWR file read ends early with vwr: Invalid data length 0.
reordercap fails with segmentation fault 11 on MacOS.
Cannot Apply Bitmask to Long Unsigned.
Text2pcap since version 2.4 aborts when there are no arguments.
Gtpprime: Missing in frame.protocols.
HTTP dissector believes ICY response is a request.
Updated Protocol Support:
6LoWPAN, Bluetooth, BOOTP/DHCP, BT ATT, BT LE, DCERPC, DMP, DOCSIS, EPL, GTP, H.248, HTTP, InfiniBand, MBIM, RPC, RTSP, SSL, and WSP.
New and Updated Capture File Support: