Bandizip is an all-in-one Zip Archiver. It can handle most popular compression formats, including Zip, 7z, and Rar. It is both lightweight and lightning fast, utilizing a rapid Zip algorithm for compression & extraction with fast drag and drop functions, high speed archiving, and multi-core compression.
Key features include:
- Support for Unicode to display international characters.
- Bypass files that don't compress well using the "High Speed Archiving" function.
- Extract files to the destination folder directly using the fast drag & drop function.
- Create self-extracting files (.EXE) and multi-volume (split) archives.
- Optional archive encryption using ZipCrypto and AES 256.
- Context Menu access including the preview archive function.
- Create or extract multiple zip files simultaneously from windows explorer.
Bandizip suports ZipCrypto and AES 256 encryption algorithms for higher security. It also has support for split compression to certain sizes, such as 10MB or 700MB. Besides Windows standard split compression formats such as zip, z01, and z02, it securely supports ALZ, EGG (alz, a01, a02, and vol1.egg, vol2.egg, 7Z(7z.001, 7z.002, and RAR (part1.rar).
Bandizip is lightweight, has numerous support features and utilizes super quick Zip algorithms for compression and expansion. If you want to change your current Zip utility then Bandizip is a great tool to try.
Update Type: Major update.
Fixed: Can't extract particular type of encrypted RAR5 format.
Fixed: Crashes when extracting certain type of LZH format.
Several minor bugs fixed.