FileHippo App Manager is a great application that will keep your system up-to-date. FileHippo App Manager will scan your computer for installed applications, check the versions and then send this data to FileHippo.com to ascertain if there are any newer releases available. If there are any new releases, these are then neatly displayed in your browser window for you to download*.
FileHippo App Manager is FREE, lightweight and only takes a few seconds to run! The user interface is simple to operate and has had a complete makeover from previous versions. Now you can even choose your favourite colour scheme! The FileHippo AppManager now also supports downloading and installing of updates inside the app, with even more enhancements coming soon. The new look coupled with great new features make FileHippo App Manager a must have in your software library.
As in previous versions, multiple languages are supported, and custom scan locations can be specified. This can be invaluable if you like to install software somewhere other than default locations, such as on a separate drive. The new version of the FileHippo AppManager also introduces scheduled scans, allowing you to check for updates to your installed applications at a set time each day.
FileHippo App Manager will run on any Windows PC running Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2003 or 2000. The application requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 client profile, which you can download from here, or the installer will prompt and download it automaticaly.
*Please note that not all applications are supported.
This version has a lot of 'under the hood' fixes:
- Vast improvement in how communication errors are handled
- Better handling of file download errors
- Improved installer
- Improved how settings are preserved when doing an upgrade from a previous version
- Improved how the data for installed applications is collected
- Fixed a bug with custom scan locations, where setting Intelliscan didn't work correctly
- Fixed a bug with proxy passwords not being saved
- Fixed a bug with saving proxy address/username
- Fixed some Windows 10 specific issues
- Fixed a bug which sometimes greyed out the 'Ignore' button for certain updates
- Fixed a bug which sometimes shows a notification popup for 0 updates
- Display options are now saved between scans and remembered after a reboot
- Various other minor bug fixes.