WinRAR 5.30 Beta 5 (32-bit)
# Information about the critical vulnerability in WinRAR self-extracting archives recently published in news is incorrect. Unfortunately mass media failed to recognize that what was described as WinRAR vulnerability is Windows OLE vulnerability patched in November 2014: Even if unpatched, this Windows OLE vulnerability does not introduce new risk factors for WinRAR SFX archives.
# "Import/Export" commands:
- WinRAR performs the additional validation of Settings.reg contents for "Import settings from file" command to prevent importing Registry keys unrelated to WinRAR settings;
- WinRAR specifies the full path to regedit.exe tool to prevent running copies of "regedit" from other folders.
# Bugs fixed:
- If 'file' and 'file.exe' were present in the same folder and user double clicked on 'file', WinRAR could start 'file.exe' instead;
- "Generate report" command could create a report in wrong folder, not that with selected files;
- RAR could crash when unpacking .rar archives with corrupt file headers. Fixed now.